Although our Proactive scheme serves to reduce the risk of Tribunal claims, we accept that in the litigious world in which we live, the threat of claims is commonplace.
Tribunal claims are on the rise again now that the fee system has been abolished. The mandatory ACAS early conciliation process continues to assist but there are still many cases reaching proceedings stage.
We will provide you with support both before, during and after the tribunal process. We have experience of representing clients in all types of proceedings and undertake the advocacy ourselves wherever possible. We appreciate that the litigation process can be daunting and therefore we work with you to ensure that your case is presented in the best way.
We’ll also guide you as to what we consider to be the best outcome for you taking you and the needs or your business in to account.
Bringing or defending Tribunal claims can be a costly process and we always recommend our clients to check whether they have an insurance policy to cover the litigation costs. In the event that there is no insurance in place, we will normally charge based on the time spent on any aspect of work (charged at our hourly rates, which range between £150-£250 plus vat per hour depending on the level of experience of the fee earner) but will agree fixed fees wherever possible.
Although the amount of drafting required depends on the claim(s) being presented, guidance in relation to fees for Tribunal assistance and representation is detailed below.
Tribunal assistance and representation fees:
- – Preparation of an ET1 or ET3 for wrongful or unfair dismissal £650 plus vat. This work would normally be concluded within 14 days.
- – Preparation of an ET1 or ET3 for discrimination, whistleblowing or TUPE related matters £1,000 plus vat. This work would normally be concluded within 21 days.
- – Completion of preliminary hearing agenda £350-£450 plus vat depending on how many claims presented. This work would normally be concluded within 7 days.
- – Attendance at hearing £1000 – £1500 plus vat per day.
- – Drafting witness statements charged for on a time spent basis by reference to our hourly rates as detailed above.
- For details of the experience of those who will be carrying out the work please click here.
Looking for a 'Proactive' HR and Employment Law Service ?
Contact our Proactive team today.